Hand & Wrist Surgery
Your hands are capable of doing the most delicate of tasks, such as threading a needle or playing the piano, to being capable of offering a hearty handshake or using a power tool. Any acute injury or onset of disease may interfere with the elements of your hand, wrist, and elbow, causing discomfort, pain, and even loss of functionality.
If your wrist or hand pain is getting in your way, the skilled hand surgeons at Upstate Orthopedics can provide you with an effective solution. We offer treatment of all hand and wrist conditions, including reconstruction and microsurgery for fractures, nerve damage, trauma-related injuries, arthritis, and repetitive motion conditions.
Some of the hand and wrist conditions our surgeons are specialized to treat include:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Carpal instability - wrist ligament injury
- Cubital tunnel syndrome - ulnar nerve transposition
- Rheumatoid arthritis of the hand
- Skier's thumb
- Triangular fibrocartilage complex (TFCC) injury - wrist sprain
- Trigger finger and trigger thumb
- deQuervain's tendonitis - wrist tendonitis
- Wrist fracture
- Congenital hand deformities
- Extensor tendon injuries
- Flexor tendon injuries
- Nerve injuries
- Bite injuries – animal
- Burns and cuts
Hand and Wrist Pain Treatments
In East Syracuse, Upstate Orthopedics has fellowship-trained hand and wrist surgeons along with mid-level providers who are highly trained in this field of orthopedic medicine. We offer treatment of all hand and wrist conditions, including reconstruction and microsurgery for fractures, nerve damage, trauma-related injuries, arthritis, and repetitive motion conditions.
At Upstate Orthopedics, we offer high-quality treatment options, including:
- Endoscopic carpal tunnel surgery
- Wrist arthroscopy
- Joint replacement and reconstruction (hand and wrist) for rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, and traumatic arthritis
- Tendon transfers
- Hand and finger reconstruction
- Microvascular and peripheral nerve surgery
- Replantation and free tissue transfer
Hand and Wrist Surgeons in Syracuse, NY
Whenever you're in need of an expert hand surgeon, Syracuse and surrounding county residents can count on Upstate Orthopedics to provide the right one. Request an appointment online or contact our office at (315) 464-4472 today.
For additional information regarding hand and wrist injuries and their management, please visit: