Dr. Kevin Albanese
Areas of Expertise
Hand and Wrist/Upper Extremity Surgery
MEET Dr. Albanese
Dr. Albanese specializes in hand and upper extremity disorders, treating finger dislocations to broken collarbones and everything in between. He has clinical expertise in the diagnosis, management, and treatment of a multitude of hand and upper extremity conditions, including but not limited to finger, hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder fractures and dislocations, upper extremity tendon injuries, carpal tunnel syndrome, arthritis, thumb sprains, and peripheral neuropathies. He has specialization in hand and upper extremity surgical techniques, including contributions to professional research in this area, and he brings this expertise to his practice.
Dr. Albanese sees patients at the Upstate Bone & Joint Center in East Syracuse and he will serve as a Clinical Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at SUNY Upstate Medical University.
Education & Training
- Undergraduate: University of Virginia
- Medical School: SUNY Upstate Medical University
- Orthopedic Residency: SUNY Upstate Medical University
- Fellowship: University of Buffalo Hand and Upper Extremity Fellowship
CERTIFICATIONS & APPOINTMENTS
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery – Board Eligible
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Orthopedics
- (Residency) SUNY Upstate Clinical Team Member of the Year Award 2021
- (Medical School) Dean’s Letter of Academic Commendation for Academic Performance
- (Medical School) Graduated Medical School Cum Laude
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- Albanese, K.M., Schreck, M.J., Werner, F.W., Esper, G.W., & Ordway, N.R. (2022). A Biomechanical Comparison of Fixation Techniques in Metacarpal Shaft Fractures. Journal of Wrist Surgery.
- Albanese KM, Deshmane P, Patil N, Larsen DA, Ordway NR. Dual-Mobility Articulations in Femoral Neck Fractures: A Systematic Review of the Literature and Meta-analysis of the Outcomes. J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2021 Jun 15;29(12):e618-e627.
- Albanese KM, Ordway NR, Albanese SA, Lavelle WF. Effect of Pedicle Fill on Axial Pullout Strength in Spinal Fixation After Rod Reduction. Orthopedics. 2017 Nov 1;40(6):e990-e995.
- Albanese, K.M., Schreck, M.J., Werner, F.W., Esper, G.W., & Ordway, N.R. A Biomechanical Comparison of Fixation Techniques in Metacarpal Shaft Fractures Poster Presentation. Orthopedic Research Society Annual Meeting February 4-8 2022. Tampa, FL
- Albanese KM, Deshmane P, Patil N, Larsen DA, Ordway NR. Dual-Mobility Articulations in Femoral Neck Fractures: A Systematic Review of the Literature and Meta-analysis of the Outcomes. Game Changer Award in the Hip Category at the ICJR South Hip and Knee Course April 2020. Key Largo, FL
- Albanese, KM, Deshmane, P, Patil, N, Ordway, NR, Wang, D. Dual Mobility Articulations in Femoral Neck Fractures: A Systematic Review of the Literature and Meta-Analysis of the Outcomes. Poster Presentation Orthopedic Research Society Annual Meeting February 8-11 2020 Phoenix, AZ
- Albanese KM, Ordway NR, Clair B, Albanese SA, Lavelle WF. Does Pedicle Fill Affect Pull-out Strength after Rod Reduction during Scoliosis Surgery? Poster Presentation. Orthopaedic Research Society 2015 Annual Meeting, Las Vegas NV, March 28-31, 2015.