Jon Loftus, MD
Areas of Expertise
Hand & Wrist Microsurgery
MEET DR. LOFTUS
Dr. Loftus is a plastic surgeon who specializes in hand and wrist microsurgery. His clinical interests include hand surgery, reconstructive/nerve microsurgery, and trauma orthopedic surgery.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Undergraduate: BS, Pre-Medical, Boston College, 1981
- Medical School: MD, University of Rochester School of Medicine, 1985
- Residencies: Maine Medical Center, Portland, Maine, 1985-1989; Plastics - McGill University, Montreal Quebec, 1989-1991
- Fellowship: Hand, SUNY Syracuse, 1991-1992
CERTIFICATIONS & APPOINTMENTS
- Dr. Loftus is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery with a subspecialty in hand surgery.
- Associate Professor, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, SUNY Upstate Medical University
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- Loftus, J., Gilardino, S.M., Brutus, J.P., “Repair of symptomatic extremity muscle herniation with synthetic mesh,” J Plastic Reconstructive Surg., Jan 2009; 123(1):44e-45e.
- Loftus, J., Brutus, J.P., “Gerdy's Tubercle as a source of cancellous bone graft for surgery of the upper extremity: Description of technique,” J Hand Surgery, Jan 2006; 31(1):147-149.
- Loftus, J., Katz, D.A., Green, J.K., “Capsuloligamentous restraints to dorsal and palmar carpal translation,” J Hand Surgery, Jul 2003; 28(4): 610-613.
- Loftus, J., Palmer, A.K., “Wrist Arthroscopy,” Ch. 14 in The Wrist: Diagnosis And Operative Treatment, Eds.: Cooney, W.P., Linscheid, R.L., Dobyns, J.H., Mayo Clinic Division of Hand Surgery, 1998; 1: pp. 285-307.
- Loftus, J., Palmer, A.K., “Disorders of the Distal Radioulnar Joint and Triangular Fibrocartilage Complex: An Overview” Ch. 21 in The Wrist and Its Disorders, Ed. Lichtman, A., 1997; 2nd Ed.: pp: 385-414.
- Loftus, J., “Traumatic dorsal radiocarpal dislocation: The pathoanatomy and a biomechanical analysis,” Poster Presentation, American Society for Surgery of the Hand Annual Meeting, Phoenix, AZ, Oct 2002
- Loftus, J., “Difficult soft tissue coverage case presentation panel, faculty,” American Society for Surgery of the Hand Annual Meeting, Phoenix, AZ, Oct 2002.
- Discusser of articles at the American Society for Surgery of the Hand, Annual Meeting, Baltimore, 2001.
- Discusser of articles at the American Society for Surgery of the Hand, Annual Meeting, Seattle, WA, 2000.
- “Distal radial ulnar joint arthroscopy,” Presentation at the American Association for Hand Surgery, Kamuela, HI, 1999.
Telemedicine Portal Via upstate.doxy.me
- Click here to connect to your scheduled Telemedicine appointment.