Hand & Wrist Surgery
World-Class Wrist and Hand Surgeons in Syracuse, NY
Your hands are critical for going about your normal daily activities of living. To accomplish daily tasks, it is essential that all elements of the hand, wrist, and elbow work together to optimize overall function.
Your hands are capable of doing the most delicate of tasks, such as threading a needle or playing the piano, to being capable of offering a hearty handshake or using a power tool. Any acute injury or onset of disease may interfere with the elements of the hand, wrist, and elbow, causing a loss of use, discomfort, or pain.
If wrist or hand pain is getting in your way, the skilled hand surgeons at Upstate Orthopedics can help. In East Syracuse, Upstate Orthopedics has fellowship-trained hand and wrist surgeons and mid-level providers who are highly trained in this specialty area of orthopedic medicine. We offer treatment of all hand and wrist conditions, including reconstruction and microsurgery for fractures, nerve damage, trauma-related injuries, arthritis, and repetitive motion conditions.
After careful diagnosis and assessment, the doctor will recommend a treatment plan that is best suited for your needs. Common symptoms can include anything from tingling, numbness, pain, swelling, and even stiffness in your hand, wrist, or elbow. We use the latest diagnostic testing such as X-rays, nerve conduction studies, MRIs, or electromyograms (EMG) to identify and evaluate the cause of pain.
Some of the wrist and hand concerns our surgeons specialize in treating include:
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Carpal Instability - Wrist Ligament Injury
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome - Ulnar Nerve Transposition
- Rheumatoid Arthritis of the Hand
- Skier's Thumb
- Triangular Fibrocartilage Complex (TFCC) Injury - Wrist Sprain
- Trigger Finger and Trigger Thumb
- deQuervain's Tendonitis - Wrist Tendonitis
- Wrist Fracture
- Congenital Hand Deformities
- Extensor Tendon Injuries
- Flexor Tendon Injuries
- Nerve Injuries
- Bite Injuries – Animal
- Burns and Cuts
Common and complex hand and wrist surgeries include:
- Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel Surgery
- Wrist Arthroscopy
- Joint Replacement and Reconstruction (Hand and Wrist) for Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, and Traumatic Arthritis
- Tendon Transfers
- Hand and Finger Reconstruction
- Microvascular and Peripheral Nerve Surgery
- Replantation and Free Tissue Transfer
For additional resources regarding hand and wrist injuries and surgery, go to:
When in need of a hand surgeon, Syracuse and surrounding county residents can count on Upstate Orthopedics to provide the right one. Request an appointment online or contact our office at (315) 464-8600 today.