Richard Tallarico, MD
Dr. Tallarico treats spine disorders from the base of the skull to the sacrum, including those related to neurological issues such as nerve root or spinal cord compression; mechanical issues such as degenerative discs; and spine restabilization related to trauma, tumor, or infection.
Dr. Tallarico has done research in the areas of spondylolisthesis and spine issues in athletes. His research interests include spinal motion preservation and spine injuries in athletes.
Education and Training
Undergraduate: BS, SUNY Albany, 1996
Medical School: MD, SUNY Syracuse, 2000
Residency: Orthopedic Surgery, SUNY Upstate Medical University, 2000-2005
Fellowship: Spine Surgery, Brown University School of Medicine, Providence, RI, 2005-2006
American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Upstate University Hospital
- Crouse Hospital
- Upstate Orthopedics Ambulatory Surgery Center'
- Assistant Professor, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, SUNY Upstate Medical University
- Chief, Institute for Spine Care, Upstate Orthopedics, SUNY Upstate Medical University
- North American Spine Institute
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Orthopedic Research Education Foundation
- Journal of Spine Arthroplasty Society, Editorial Review Board
Honors and Awards
America's Top Doctors, The Good Life Magazine, Syracuse, NY, 2009
- Complex spinal disorders. Trained in minimally invasive techniques.
TELEMEDICINE PORTAL VIA DOXY.ME
- Click here to connect to your scheduled Telemedicine appointment.
A Multi-Center, Prospective, Randomized Controlled Trial Comparing Cervical Arthroplasty to Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion (ACDF) for the Treatment of Cervical Degenerative Disc Disease (DDD)
A Prospective, Multi-Center, Randomized Study Comparing the VertiFlex® Superion™ Interspinous Spacer (ISS) to the X-Stop® Interspinous Process Decompression (IPD®) System in Patients with Moderate Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
Variability of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Interpretations for Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
Lumbar Disc Herniation Outcome Measures Surgical versus Non-Operative Treatment
A Prospective, Randomized, Double-Blind Study to Compare the Effects of Dexamethasone versus Depo-Medrol when Used in Lumbar Epidural Injections
A Prospective, Randomized Clinical Investigation of the Cervitech, Inc. Porous Coated Motion Artificial Disc for Stabilization of the Cervical Spine at One Level between C3-C4 and C7-T1
A Prospective, Randomized Clinical Investigation Comparing Stabilimax NZ Dynamic Stabilization System to Posterolateral Fusion