Scott VanValkenburg, MD
Meet Dr. VanValkenburg
Education and Training
Undergraduate: University of Rochester
Medical School: MD, SUNY Upstate Medical University
Residency: SUNY Upstate Medical University
Fellowship: Combined Foot and Ankle Fellowship at Rhode Island Hospital, The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, and Massachusetts General Hospital (Harvard Medical School)
American Board of Orthopedic Surgery, Board Eligible
- Upstate University Hospital
- Upstate University Hospital – Community Campus
- Crouse Hospital
- Ambulatory Surgery Center at the Upstate Bone & Joint Center
- Assistant Professor of Orthopedic Surgery, SUNY Upstate Medical University
- Department Chief, Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Foot and Ankle Society
Honors and Awards
Excellence in Professionalism Award, SUNY Upstate Medical University, 2012
Clinical and Research Interests
Foot and ankle reconstruction, lower extremity traumatic injuries, ankle replacement, sports-related ankle and foot injuries, ankle arthroscopy, managing ankle and foot arthritis
TELEMEDICINE PORTAL VIA UPSTATE.DOXY.ME
- Click here to connect to your scheduled Telemedicine appointment.
- Hsu, R., VanValkenburg, S., Tanriovier, A., DiGiovanni, C., “Surgical techniques of gastrocnemius lengthening,” Foot and Ankle Clinics, In press, Epub Sep 2014.
- Iannolo, M., Werner, F., Sutton, L., Serell, S., VanValkenburg, S., “Forces across the middle of the intact clavicle during shoulder motion,” J Shoulder Elbow Surg., Oct 2010; 19(7): 1013-7. Epub Jul 16 2010.
- ValValkenburg, S., Barrick, B., Bhimji, S., Werner, F., “Tibial tray migration of two uncemented knee designs,” World Congress of Biomechanics, Boston, MA, Jul 2014.
- VanValkenburg, S., Bhimji, S., Werner, F., “Assessment aggressive physiologic load testing of total knee implants,” ORS Annual Meeting, San Antonio, TX, Jan 2013.
- VanValkenburg, S., Simpson, R.B., “Tension band plating technique for management of complex patellar nonunions,” AO Annual Meeting, Phoenix, AZ, Oct 2010.