Maria Iannolo, MD
Dr. Iannolo is an orthopedic trauma surgeon who treats fractures in patients of all ages, with a particular interest in pelvic fractures and complex peri-articular fractures. She also specializes in treating fractures that heal incorrectly, with training in post-traumatic limb reconstruction and hip and knee arthroplasty. In addition, Dr. Iannolo has an interest in the treatment and prevention of fragility fractures through early detection and management of osteoporosis.
Education and Training
Undergraduate: Pre-Medical, Cornell University
Medical School: MD, Georgetown University School of Medicine
Residency: Orthopedic Surgery at Upstate Medical University
Fellowship: Orthopedic Trauma, University of Rochester
American Board of Orthopedic Surgery, Board Certified
- Upstate University Hospital
- Upstate Orthopedics Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Crouse Hospital
Assistant Professor, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Upstate Medical University
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Orthopaedic Trauma Association
TELEMEDICINE PORTAL VIA UPSTATE.DOXY.ME
- Click here to connect to your scheduled Telemedicine appointment.
- Iannolo, M., Werner, F.W., Sutton, L.G., Serell, S.M., VanValkenburg, S.M., “Forces across the middle of the intact clavicle during shoulder motion,” J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2010; 19(7):1013-7.
- Invited Commentary: Hoff, W.S., Bonadies, J.A., Cachecho, R., Dorlac, W.C., “East practice management guidelines work group: Update to practice management guidelines for prophylactic antibiotic use in open fractures,” J Trauma. 2011 Mar; 70(3):751-4.
- Chen, S., Iannolo, M., Calvo, J.M., “Cooperative binding of the leucine-responsive regulatory protein (Lrp) to DNA,” J Mol Biol. 2005 Jan 14; 345(2):251-64.
- Iannolo, M., Gross, J.M., Humphrey, C.A., Prasarn, M.L., Ketz, J.P., Gorczyca, J.T., “Critical analysis of pelvic angiography for trauma and development of a scoring system,” Podium Presentation, Orthopaedic Trauma Association 27th Annual Meeting. San Antonio, TX, Oct 2011.
- Iannolo, M., Mah, N.D., Acquisto, N.M., Gross, J.M., Ketz, J.P., Prasarn, M.L., Humphrey, C.A., Gorczyca, J.T., “Can we prevent renal failure by using ciprofloxacin instead of gentamicin for the treatment of open fractures in older patients?” Poster Presentation, Orthopaedic Trauma Association 27th Annual Meeting. San Antonio, TX, Oct 2011.
- Iannolo, M., Pritchard, M., Horton, J.A., Middleton, F., Spadaro, J.A., Damron, T.A., “Xenograft osteosarcoma model reveals enhanced immunoglobulin expression in tumor cells with aggressive phenotypes,” Podium Presentation, Orthopaedic Research Society 56th Annual Meeting. New Orleans, LA, Mar 2010.
- Kistler, B., Werner, F., Paci, J., Iannolo, M., Kahmke, R., Simpson, R.B., “Intercondyler notch violation during femoral plating: Bicondylar placement of the distal posterior 5mm locking screw in the synthes 4.5mm LCP condylar plate violates the intercondylar notch,” Poster Presentation, Orthopaedic Research Society 56th Annual Meeting. New Orleans, LA, Mar 2010.
- Iannolo, M., Horton, J.A., Fisher, E.R., Allen, M.J., Damron, T.A., “Evaluation of osteosarcoma cell behavior and metastatic potential with the use of a reproducible orthotopic xenograft model,” Poster Presentation, Connective Tissue Oncology Society, 15th Annual Meeting, Miami, FL, Nov 2009.
- Lisle, J., Horton, J.A., Allen, M.J., Fisher, E.R., Iannolo, M., Choi, J.Y., Damron, T.A., “Differential gene expression of LM2 and LM7 osteosarcoma cell lines in vivo,” Podium Presentation, Orthopaedic Research Society, 53rd Annual Meeting. San Diego, CA, Feb 2007.