Jon Loftus, MD
Education and Training
Undergraduate: BS, Pre-Medical, Boston College, 1981
Medical School: MD, University of Rochester School of Medicine, 1985
Residencies: Maine Medical Center, Portland, Maine, 1985-1989; Plastics - McGill University, Montreal Quebec, 1989-1991
Fellowship: Hand, SUNY Syracuse, 1991-1992
American Board of Plastic Surgery – Subspecialty in Hand Surgery
- Upstate University Hospital
- Crouse Hospital
- Upstate Orthopedics Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Harrison Outpatient Surgery Center
Associate Professor, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, SUNY Upstate Medical University
Professional Affiliations and Awards
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand, Fellowship Directors Committee
- Director of Hand Surgery, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Upstate Medical University
- Operations and Morale Committee, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Upstate Medical University
- Phi Beta Kappa, Boston College
- Hand surgery and reconstructive/nerve microsurgery; trauma/orthopedic surgery.
- Loftus, J., Gilardino, S.M., Brutus, J.P., “Repair of symptomatic extremity muscle herniation with synthetic mesh,” J Plastic Reconstructive Surg., Jan 2009; 123(1):44e-45e.
- Loftus, J., Brutus, J.P., “Gerdy's Tubercle as a source of cancellous bone graft for surgery of the upper extremity: Description of technique,” J Hand Surgery, Jan 2006; 31(1):147-149.
- Loftus, J., Katz, D.A., Green, J.K., “Capsuloligamentous restraints to dorsal and palmar carpal translation,” J Hand Surgery, Jul 2003; 28(4): 610-613.
- Loftus, J., Palmer, A.K., “Wrist Arthroscopy,” Ch. 14 in The Wrist: Diagnosis And Operative Treatment, Eds.: Cooney, W.P., Linscheid, R.L., Dobyns, J.H., Mayo Clinic Division of Hand Surgery, 1998; 1: pp. 285-307.
- Loftus, J., Palmer, A.K., “Disorders of the Distal Radioulnar Joint and Triangular Fibrocartilage Complex: An Overview” Ch. 21 in The Wrist and Its Disorders, Ed. Lichtman, A., 1997; 2nd Ed.: pp: 385-414.
- Loftus, J., “Traumatic dorsal radiocarpal dislocation: The pathoanatomy and a biomechanical analysis,” Poster Presentation, American Society for Surgery of the Hand Annual Meeting, Phoenix, AZ, Oct 2002
- Loftus, J., “Difficult soft tissue coverage case presentation panel, faculty,” American Society for Surgery of the Hand Annual Meeting, Phoenix, AZ, Oct 2002.
- Discusser of articles at the American Society for Surgery of the Hand, Annual Meeting, Baltimore, 2001.
- Discusser of articles at the American Society for Surgery of the Hand, Annual Meeting, Seattle, WA, 2000.
- “Distal radial ulnar joint arthroscopy,” Presentation at the American Association for Hand Surgery, Kamuela, HI, 1999.