Dr. Zachary Telgheder
Areas of Expertise
Orthopedic Trauma and Joint Reconstruction
MEET DR. TELGHEDER
Dr. Telgheder is an orthopedic trauma surgeon who specializes in orthopedic traumatic injuries. He also has clinical interests in pelvic and acetabular fractures, complex peri-articular fractures, adult orthopedic reconstruction, hip and knee arthroplasty, revision surgery, and post-traumatic reconstruction.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Undergraduate: BS, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- Medical School: SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse
- Residency: Orthopedic Surgery, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse
- Fellowship: Orthopedic Trauma and Post-Traumatic Reconstruction, Florida Orthopedic Institute, Tampa
CERTIFICATIONS, APPOINTMENTS & AWARDS
- Dr. Telgheder is board-eligible in orthopedic surgery.
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Orthopedic Surgery
- AO Trauma North America Fellows Research Grant Award
- The Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery Robert Bucholz Grant Award
- SUNY Upstate David G. Murray, MD, Award for Excellence in Orthopedic Surgery
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- Telgheder, Z., Albanese, M., Bloom, D., Kurra, S., Sullivan, M., “A Comparison of Complications and Union Rates in Intramedullary Nailing of Femoral Shaft Fractures Treated with Open vs. Closed Reduction,” Orthopedics, 2019; Dec. 27:1-5.
- Telgheder, Z., Sullivan, M.P., “Anatomic considerations for retrograde fibular medullary screw insertion: a cadaveric study,” Eur J Orthop Surg Traumatol, 2021; Apr. 31(3):435-440.
- Telgheder, Z., Kistler, B.J., “Ski- and Snowboard-Related Orthopedic Injuries,” Orthop Clin North Am 2020; Oct. 51(4):461-469.
- Telgheder, Z., Kleweno, C., Sullivan, M.P., “Three-Dimensional Computed Tomography Posterior Iliac Oblique Images Enhance Preoperative Planning for Acetabular Fracture Surgery,” J Surg Orth Adv 2021; Spring 30(1):50-55.
- Telgheder, Z., Gordon, C., Anders, M., Kistler, B., Gorczyca, J., Khechen, B., Haws, B., Mutty, C., “Increased Incidence of Infection and Complications Following Internal Fixation of Diastasis Pubis in Patients with Traumatic Urologic Injury,” Presented at the Orthopaedic Trauma Association 2020 Annual Meeting, Virtual, October 21-24, 2020.
- Telgheder, Z., Albanese, M., Bloom, D., Kurra, S., Sullivan, M., “Open Reduction Results in Similar Union and Complication Rates as Compared to Closed Reduction and Intramedullary Fixation of Femoral Shaft Fractures,” Presented by Dr. Telgheder at the Orthopaedic Trauma Association 2018 Annual Meeting, Orlando, FL, October 17-20, 2018.
- Telgheder, Z., Lewis, J., Strelzow, J., Downes, K., Mir, H.R., “10-Year Incidence and Possible Predictors of Conversion to TKA Following Operative Fixation of Distal Femur Fractures: Analysis of 6086 Patients,” to Be Presented at the Orthopaedic Trauma Association 2021 Annual Meeting, Fort Worth, TX, October 20-23, 2021.
- Keil, L.G., Mullis, B.H., Tornetta, P. III, Alley, M.C., Olszewski, N.P., Wheeler, J.A., von Kaeppler, E.P., Morshed, S., Matar, R.N., Archdeacon, M.T., Smith, T.W., Miller, A.N., Horwitz, D.S., Baig, M.S., Telgheder, Z.L., Azer, E., Manzano, G.W., Vallier, H.A., Barnett, S.A., Krause, P.C., Bornes, T.D., Ricci, W.M., Dunne, P.J., Yarboro, S.R., Ment, A.J., Marcantonio, A.J., Alqudhaya, R.S., Leighton, R.K., Ostrum, R.F., “Proximal Tibia Fracture Dislocations: Management and Outcomes of a Severe and Under-Recognized Injury,” Poster Presentation at the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA, Aug 31 - Sept 4, 2021.