Dr. Robert Sherman
Areas of Expertise
Joint Replacement & Reconstruction
MEET DR. SHERMAN
Dr. Sherman is a joint replacement and reconstruction orthopedic surgeon. He has particular interests in lower extremity joint reconstruction, including minimally invasive hip and knee replacements, partial knee replacements, revision joint replacements, and management of fractures and injuries around joint replacements. His interests also include operative and non-operative management of arthritis, knee arthroscopy, fractures, and general orthopedics.
EDUCATION & TRAININGUndergraduate: University of Michigan
- Medical School: MD, Wayne State University of Medicine
- Residency: Orthopedic Surgery, SUNY Upstate Medical University
- Fellowship: Adult Reconstructive Surgery/Total Joint Arthroplasty, Cleveland Clinic Foundation
CERTIFICATIONS & APPOINTMENTS
- Dr. Sherman is board-certified by American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, SUNY Upstate Medical University
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- Sherman, R., “Revision of the failed unicompartmental knee arthroplasty,” Seminars in Arthroplasty, 2009.
- Sherman, R., “Implementation of a low cost, low burden method of collecting implant registry data,”
- Poster presentation, Orthopedic Research Society Meeting, 2008
- Podium presentation, Annual Mid-America Orthopedic Association Annual Meeting, 2010
Telemedicine Portal Via upstate.doxy.me
- Click here to connect to your scheduled Telemedicine appointment.