Dr. Mike Sun
Area of Expertise
MEET DR. SUN
Dr. Sun is a fellowship-trained and board-certified neck and back surgeon who has been helping patients with spinal diseases and injuries. As an associate professor at SUNY Upstate Medical University, he is also actively involved with education and research in the field of spine surgery.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Undergraduate: BS, Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry, Yale University, 1995
- Medical School: MD, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, 1999
- Residency: Orthopedic Surgery, University of Chicago, 1999-2004
- Fellowship: Spine Surgery, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, 2004-2005
CERTIFICATIONS, APPOINTMENTS & AWARDS
- Dr. Sun is board-certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons with a sub-specialty in spine.
- Associate Professor, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, SUNY Upstate Medical University
- America's Top Doctor, 2009-2014