Dr. Maria Iannolo
Areas of Expertise
MEET DR. IANNOLO
Dr. Iannolo is a general orthopedic surgeon who specializes in treating fractures in patients of all ages. She has a particular interest in complex peri-articular fractures. In addition, Dr. Iannolo specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic musculoskeletal conditions.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Undergraduate: Pre-Medical, Cornell University
- Medical School: MD, Georgetown University School of Medicine
- Residency: Orthopedic Surgery at Upstate Medical University
- Fellowship: Orthopedic Trauma, University of Rochester
- Dr. Iannolo is board-certified from the American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons.
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- Iannolo, M., Werner, F.W., Sutton, L.G., Serell, S.M., VanValkenburg, S.M., “Forces across the middle of the intact clavicle during shoulder motion,” J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2010; 19(7):1013-7.
- Invited Commentary: Hoff, W.S., Bonadies, J.A., Cachecho, R., Dorlac, W.C., “East practice management guidelines work group: Update to practice management guidelines for prophylactic antibiotic use in open fractures,” J Trauma. 2011 Mar; 70(3):751-4.
- Chen, S., Iannolo, M., Calvo, J.M., “Cooperative binding of the leucine-responsive regulatory protein (Lrp) to DNA,” J Mol Biol. 2005 Jan 14; 345(2):251-64.
- Iannolo, M., Gross, J.M., Humphrey, C.A., Prasarn, M.L., Ketz, J.P., Gorczyca, J.T., “Critical analysis of pelvic angiography for trauma and development of a scoring system,” Podium Presentation, Orthopaedic Trauma Association 27th Annual Meeting. San Antonio, TX, Oct 2011.
- Iannolo, M., Mah, N.D., Acquisto, N.M., Gross, J.M., Ketz, J.P., Prasarn, M.L., Humphrey, C.A., Gorczyca, J.T., “Can we prevent renal failure by using ciprofloxacin instead of gentamicin for the treatment of open fractures in older patients?” Poster Presentation, Orthopaedic Trauma Association 27th Annual Meeting. San Antonio, TX, Oct 2011.
- Iannolo, M., Pritchard, M., Horton, J.A., Middleton, F., Spadaro, J.A., Damron, T.A., “Xenograft osteosarcoma model reveals enhanced immunoglobulin expression in tumor cells with aggressive phenotypes,” Podium Presentation, Orthopaedic Research Society 56th Annual Meeting. New Orleans, LA, Mar 2010.
- Kistler, B., Werner, F., Paci, J., Iannolo, M., Kahmke, R., Simpson, R.B., “Intercondyler notch violation during femoral plating: Bicondylar placement of the distal posterior 5mm locking screw in the synthes 4.5mm LCP condylar plate violates the intercondylar notch,” Poster Presentation, Orthopaedic Research Society 56th Annual Meeting. New Orleans, LA, Mar 2010.
- Iannolo, M., Horton, J.A., Fisher, E.R., Allen, M.J., Damron, T.A., “Evaluation of osteosarcoma cell behavior and metastatic potential with the use of a reproducible orthotopic xenograft model,” Poster Presentation, Connective Tissue Oncology Society, 15th Annual Meeting, Miami, FL, Nov 2009.
- Lisle, J., Horton, J.A., Allen, M.J., Fisher, E.R., Iannolo, M., Choi, J.Y., Damron, T.A., “Differential gene expression of LM2 and LM7 osteosarcoma cell lines in vivo,” Podium Presentation, Orthopaedic Research Society, 53rd Annual Meeting. San Diego, CA, Feb 2007.