Dr. Danielle Katz
Area of Expertise
Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery
MEET DR. KATZ
Dr. Katz is a pediatric orthopedic who has many years of experience treating young patients. She has clinical interests in pediatric orthopedics and spine deformities, hip dysplasia, spina bifida, lower extremity malalignment, cerebral palsy, and leg length inequality.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Undergraduate: BS, Pre-medical: Yale University, 1993
- Medical School: MD, SUNY Upstate, 1997
- Internship: SUNY Upstate, 1998
- Residency: SUNY Upstate, 1998-2002
- Fellowship: Children's Hospital, Boston, 2003
CERTIFICATIONS & APPOINTMENTS
- Dr. Katz is a board-certified surgeon from the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery.
- Associate Professor, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, SUNY Upstate Medical University
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- Katz, D.A., Kim, Y.J., Millis, M.B., “Periacetabular osteotomy in patients with Down syndrome,” J Bone Joint Surg Br, 2005; 87(4):544-547.
- Katz, D.A., “Slipped capital femoral epiphysis: The importance of early diagnosis,” Pediatr Ann, 2006; 35(2):102-111.
- Snyder, B.D., Katz, D.A., Myers, E.R., Breitenbach, M.A., Emans, J.B., “Bone density accumulation is not affected by brace treatment of idiopathic scoliosis in adolescent girls,” J Pediatr Orthop, 2005; 25(4):423-428.
- Dosa, N.P., Eckrich, M., Katz, D.A., Turk, M., Liptak, G.S., “Incidence, prevalence, and characteristics of fractures in children, adolescents, and adults with spina bifida,” J Spinal Cord Med, 2007; 30:S5-S9.
- Dietz, F.R., Albanese, S.A., Katz, D.A., Dobbs, M.B., Salamon, P.B., Schoenecker, P.L., Sussman, M.D., “Slipped capital femoral epiphysis in Down syndrome,” J Pediatr Orthop, 2004; 24(5):508-513.
- Katz, D., Snyder, B., Federico, A., Dodek, A., Holm, I., Zurakowski, D., Connolly, K., “Can using standers increase bone density in non-ambulatory children?” Dev Med Child Neurol, 2006; 48(S106):9.
- Snyder, B.D., Katz, D.A., “Pathologic fractures in children,” Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America One-day course on trauma, Amelia Island, FL, 2003.
- Katz, D.A. “Slipped capital femoral epiphysis: The importance of early diagnosis.” American Academy of Pain Management 17th Annual Clinical Meeting, Orlando, FL, 2006.
- Katz, D.A. “Scoliosis: A review and an update,” Pediatric Society, Syracuse, NY, 2008.
- AAOS One Day Part II Board Certification Preparatory/Review Course faculty, 2006-2009.