Dr. Allyson Zakrzewski
Areas of Expertise
Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon
Dr. Allyson Zakrzewski is a fellowship-trained pediatric orthopedic surgeon who specializes in the operative and non-operative treatment of musculoskeletal conditions from infancy through adolescence. She is dedicated to providing a personalized treatment plan that meets the unique needs of each patient and family.
Dr. Zakrzewski has clinical expertise in the diagnosis, treatment, and management of orthopedic conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, congenital and developmental conditions, and neuromuscular disorders. She has special interest in pediatric fracture care, sports injuries, clubfoot, lower and upper extremity deformity, spinal deformity, and scoliosis, along with pediatric and adolescent foot and hip conditions.
She has experience in caring for the musculoskeletal needs of children who have cerebral palsy, spina bifida, and other neuromuscular and genetic disorders. Dr. Zakrzewski strives to approach treatment through non-operative and conservative methods. If surgery is necessary to restore function and mobility, Dr. Zakrzewski has been trained in innovative procedures and advanced surgical techniques.
Education & Training
- Undergraduate: University of Rochester
- Medical School: Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University at Buffalo
- Residency: University at Buffalo
- Fellowship: Cincinnati Children’s Medical Center
CERTIFICATIONS & APPOINTMENTS
- Dr. Zakrzewski is board-eligible in orthopedic surgery.
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Orthopedic Surgery
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- Zakrzewski AM, Ferrick MR. Are Postcast Removal X-rays and a Second Follow-up Necessary in the Treatment of Nondisplaced Supracondylar Humerus Fractures? J Pediatr Orthop. 2021 Feb 1;41(2):105-110
- Bryan TP, Bisson L, Mutty C, Zakrzewski A, Cornwall A. Development of a System to Utilize Residents to Track Follow Up Care of Orthopaedics Patients Seen in an Urban Hospital Emergency Room. Poster Presented at The American Orthopaedic Association Annual meeting, June 2015
- Zakrzewski A, Neimanis SA, Zevon MA, Jackson JW, Gdowski GT, Environmental Control of the Hospital Room Through Defined Vocal Commands. Platform presentation at Biomedical Engineering Society Annual Meeting, October 2009