Spine surgeons at Upstate Orthopedics are conducting a new artificial disc research study and are currently enrolling volunteers!
Cervical Degenerative Disc Disease (DDD) is a condition characterized by degenerated and/or diseased discs leading to nerve root and/or spinal cord compression in the cervical spine (neck). The Synergy Disc is an investigational cervical disc prosthesis that is inserted in patients after cervical discectomy. It is being studied to provide restoration of motion and alignment to the functional spinal unit.
You can help move DDD research forward by participating in this research study if you meet the following requirements. To qualify, you must:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 70
- Have been diagnosed with DD at one level in your neck
- Have not had a fusion surgery at this level before
- Not have osteoporosis or any bone disease
- Not have diabetes requiring daily insulin therapy
- Not have had an active cancer within the past 5 years (except for skin cancers)
- Other conditions may apply.
Call (315) 464-8618 for more details about the Cervical Degenerative Disc Disease study, or learn more at Synergy Disc Clinical Research.