Michael J Schreck, MD
Education and Training
Undergraduate: Cornell University - BA, 2005
Medical School: University at Buffalo School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences - MD, 2011
Residency: University of Rochester Medical Center - Orthopaedic Surgery Residency (completed 2016)
Fellowship: Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center - Hand/Upper Extremity Surgery Fellowship (completed 2017)
Board Eligible - Orthopaedic Surgery
- SUNY Upstate Medical University Hospitals
- Crouse Hospital
- St. Joseph's Hospital
Clincial Assistant Professor - SUNY Upstate Medical University
Professional Affiliations and Awards
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Medical Society of the State of New York
- Onondaga County Medical Society
- Schreck MJ, Canham CD, Kelly M, Elfar JC. Techniques of Force and Pressure Measurement in the Small Joints of the wrist. Hand. Epub ahead of print 2017 Feb.
- Nikkel LE, Kates SL, Schreck M, Maceroli M, Mahmood B, Elfar JC. Length of hospital stay after hip fracture and risk of early mortality after discharge in New York state: retrospective cohort study. BMJ. 2015 Dec 10; 351: h6246.
- Canham CD, Schreck MJ, Maqsoodi N, Messing S, Olles M, Elfar JC. Distal Radioulnar Joint Reaction Force Following Ulnar Shortening: Diaphyseal Osteotomy vs. Wafer Resection. J Hand Surg Am. 2015 Nov; 40(11): 2206-12.
- Canham CD, Schreck MJ, Maqsoodi N, Doolittle M, Olles M, Elfar JC. A nondestructive, reproducible method of measuring joint reaction force at the distal radioulnar joint. J Hand Surg Am. 2015 Jun; 40(6): 1138-44.
- Schreck MJ, Hammert WC. Comparison of above- and below-elbow casting for pediatric distal metaphyseal forearm fractures. J Hand Surg Am. 2014 Feb; 39(2): 347-9.
- Schreck, MJ, Warburton MJ, Wiesler ER. Dynamic FDS Transfer for Boutonniere Correction of PIP Deformity in Dupuytren's Disease. 6th Annual Greenbrier Hand and Upper Extremity Summit - Fellow Research Symposium. 2017 June 2; White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia.
- Canham C, Schreck MJ, Masdooq N, Olles M, Elfar JC. Distal Radioulnar Joint Reaction Force After Ulnar Shortening: Diaphyseal Osteotomy vs Wafer Resection. Podium session presented at: American Association for Hand Surgery. AAHS Annual Meeting. 2015 Jan 21-24; Paradise Island, Bahamas.
- Canham C, Schreck MJ, Masdooq N, Olles M, Elfar JC. A Non-Destructive, Reproducible Method of measuring Joint Reaction Force Applied to the Distal Radio Ulnar Joint. Poster session presented at: American Society for Surgery of the Hand. 32nd Annual Adrian E. Flatt Residents and Fellows Conference in Hand Surgery. ASSH Annual Meeting. 2014 Sept 17; Boston, MA.
- English CS, Behrend CJ, Schreck MJ, Palmer BA, Speach D, Hammert WC, Elfar JC. Correlation of medial elbow pain with electrodiagnostic testing for ulnar neuropathy at the elbow. Poster session presented at: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. AAOS Annual Meeting. 2014 Mar 11-15; New Orleans, LA.
- Amsdell S, Schreck MJ, Bergquist E, Gonzalez RM, Elfar JC, Hammert WC. Do patients with distal radius fractures benefit from decision aids in their care? Poster session presented at: Center for Musculoskeletal Research. 3rd Annual CMSR Symposium. 2013 Sept 18; Rochester, NY.