Danielle Katz, MD
Education and Training
Undergraduate: BS, Pre-medical: Yale University, 1993
Medical School: MD, SUNY Upstate, 1997
Internship: SUNY Upstate, 1998
Residency: SUNY Upstate, 1998-2002
Fellowship: Children's Hospital, Boston, 2003
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Upstate University Hospital
- Upstate Orthopedics Ambulatory Surgery Center
Associate Professor, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, SUNY Upstate Medical University
- Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Fellow, American Academy of Pediatrics
- Pediatric orthopedics and spine deformities; pediatric hip; scoliosis; pediatric fractures; clubfeet; developmental hip dislocation; spina bifida; slipped capital femoral epiphysis; lower extremity malalignment; cerebral palsy; leg length inequality.
- Katz, D.A., Kim, Y.J., Millis, M.B., “Periacetabular osteotomy in patients with Down syndrome,” J Bone Joint Surg Br, 2005; 87(4):544-547.
- Katz, D.A., “Slipped capital femoral epiphysis: The importance of early diagnosis,” Pediatr Ann, 2006; 35(2):102-111.
- Snyder, B.D., Katz, D.A., Myers, E.R., Breitenbach, M.A., Emans, J.B., “Bone density accumulation is not affected by brace treatment of idiopathic scoliosis in adolescent girls,” J Pediatr Orthop, 2005; 25(4):423-428.
- Dosa, N.P., Eckrich, M., Katz, D.A., Turk, M., Liptak, G.S., “Incidence, prevalence, and characteristics of fractures in children, adolescents, and adults with spina bifida,” J Spinal Cord Med, 2007; 30:S5-S9.
- Dietz, F.R., Albanese, S.A., Katz, D.A., Dobbs, M.B., Salamon, P.B., Schoenecker, P.L., Sussman, M.D., “Slipped capital femoral epiphysis in Down syndrome,” J Pediatr Orthop, 2004; 24(5):508-513.
- Katz, D., Snyder, B., Federico, A., Dodek, A., Holm, I., Zurakowski, D., Connolly, K., “Can using standers increase bone density in non-ambulatory children?” Dev Med Child Neurol, 2006; 48(S106):9.
- Snyder, B.D., Katz, D.A., “Pathologic fractures in children,” Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America One-day course on trauma, Amelia Island, FL, 2003.
- Katz, D.A. “Slipped capital femoral epiphysis: The importance of early diagnosis.” American Academy of Pain Management 17th Annual Clinical Meeting, Orlando, FL, 2006.
- Katz, D.A. “Scoliosis: A review and an update,” Pediatric Society, Syracuse, NY, 2008.
- AAOS One Day Part II Board Certification Preparatory/Review Course faculty, 2006-2009.