Brian Kistler, MD
Dr. Kistler specializes in the treatment of all patients with broken bones and fractures. He has specialized training in the treatment of fractures of the pelvis and acetabulum, both complex periarticular fractures and diaphyseal fractures of the upper and lower extremity, fractures of the foot and ankle, and pediatric fractures.
He also specializes in the treatment of fractures that have not healed properly (nonunions) and fractures that have healed in the incorrect alignment (malunions).
- "I trained in Syracuse, NY and Central New York is home for me and my family. I love living here because of the great people. The people in this community are honest, hardworking, down to earth people who deserve the highest level of care. In my line of work people have injuries and accidents that they don't plan for. I strongly believe that each patient deserves the highest level of care from a surgeon with specialized training for those specific injuries. Here at Upstate Orthopedics and University Hospital we provide just that. The focus of my practice is in the treatment of broken bones and fractures. I fix fractures 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you are in need of a surgery for a broken bone, please feel free to contact our office. No referral is necessary. I would love to provide you with the highest level of care that you deserve."
Education and Training
Undergraduate: Pre-Medical, Whittier College
Medical School: MD, Medical College of Wisconsin
Residency: SUNY Upstate Medical University
Fellowship: Orthopedic Trauma Service at Tampa General Hospital
American Board of Orthopedic Surgery, Board Certified
- Upstate University Hospital
- Upstate University Hospital – Community Campus
- Crouse Hospital
- Ambulatory Surgery Center at the Upstate Bone & Joint Center
Assistant Professor, SUNY Upstate Medical University
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Orthopaedic Trauma Association